Unban -FRINGE- Please

Post here if you have been banned from the PÕQ Server(s) and you want us to consider unbanning you.
Please first read the topic on how to post an unban request.
Forum rules
To be Unbanned please read this first before posting:

** Ban Removal process **

Thank you

http://forum.poqclan.com/faq.php?mode=rules
FRINGE

Unban -FRINGE- Please

Unread postby FRINGE » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:26 am

Server: PC8: Classic Carnage
Halo Name: -FRINGE-
Ban Date: sometime between 12-4 and 12-6
Ban Time: NA
PÕQ Players in server: (I wasn't personally present so I am not sure)
Banlist entry: 752 -FRINGE- 1 -- 4d502438ecc0661415e81d21d5a34361

Explanation: Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with the information above, but let me try and explain. This computer is a public machine at a university. It serves as one of five of our gaming computers in our Student Commons area. I am a grad student and part time undergrad professor who likes to play Halo PC on said machine 2-3 times a week. I usually play in POQ servers as well as a few others. You have some great servers. However, there are others who also play on this machine and I'm guessing the actions of one or more of them received a ban from POQ 8 server. It appears I can enter most other POQ servers as of now so I guess the ban is just on #8. I'm not sure what the ban was about and I see it is permanent so it must have been severe. I know for one it could not have been for botting because these machines do not have download privileges and you cannot insert any devices to them such as USB drives. So no external software is located on this machine to run any bots. Can anyone provide information to why this CD key was banned? Would be a shame if it were permanent as POQ #8 is personally a favorite server of mine and I know a few other professors here. I'm not sure what all usernames are associated with the CD key but most of the time I log in it's always FRINGE. I don't think anyone, including myself, bothers to change it. We just enjoy playing the game.

I'm sure the actions were a result of one of the students here. Maybe we could see about blocking Halo off to a professor only profile so students couldn't access this one machine. It's a good stress relief to a few of us. Yes we can still play the game, but again your servers are some of our favorites.

Any help or information you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

PÕQ~Wolfman
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Re: Unban -FRINGE- Please

Unread postby PÕQ~Wolfman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:32 am

Sounds like to me you need to buy another copy of halo for your own laptop. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop with the basic stuff and I run Halo this fine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hidden:

FRINGE

Unread postby FRINGE » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:09 am

Always a possibility, but...

1) I don't really like to play games on a laptop. Just not the same as a desktop.

2) Would hate for that to be the resolution to have to tell all my fellow professors to go buy your own copy and play it that way.

While a solution; not a very good one IMO. :(

PÕQ~Storm
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Storm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:53 am

Your hash was banned as whoever used it constantly broke our server rules; insulting other players and running their mouth.

I mean the chat from this has was ALWAYS an insult, generally offensive or a complaint.

We don't want that kind of thing in our servers, sorry.

FRINGE

Unread postby FRINGE » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Well I know it wasn't ALWAYS like that as I play a few times a week in between classes and while I take part in some competitive banter with other players I know on the server I wouldn't say anything I did personally was breaking rules.

But as I said I can't speak for everyone who plays on here so I understand your point.

I'll have to ask the powers at be, but in the event we can setup this halo on our password protected teacher only profile do you think we can unban the key and see how that goes? I'm not sure if I can even do it, but I can check. That way I know students aren't playing on it. I don't think many do anyways as there are much newer and more hip games on here for them to play, but us oldies on staff prefer some of the games like halo we are more familiar with. I can't imagine any of my peers did something to get banned, so I'm sure limiting student access to it would remove any issues. If you're willing to give this key a second chance under the condition I can give it teacher only access that would be much appreciated.

What do you guys think?

PÕQ~Storm
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Storm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Here is the chat log of every single thing player -FRINGE- has said (not including the other aliases associated with the hash, but they are not any different). Note the timestamps (EST).

From our point of view, every time hash 4d502438ecc0661415e81d21d5a34361 joins our server, the game is disrupted.

If the chat was mostly good with some occasional bad, then I might believe that another student sometimes comes on and behaves poorly, but its all bad.

So, while I'm not calling you a liar, I can't see anything in our chat logs that supports your story :dunno
Attachments
fringe_chat.zip
(394.4 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

FRINGE

Unread postby FRINGE » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Well like I said I don't know who all plays it during the day. I'm just trying to reach a solution to the problem here. If you're not willing to work with me then that's your prerogative. I thought we could reach a reasonable agreement here between adults. I understand where you're coming from with the past examples of what has been shown on this key, but figured my solution sounded like a good one. We fix the problem on our end where only the teachers have access to it and then you can see if the poor behavior is gone. What do you have to lose? If I'm not truthful or if it was a teacher doing it and the behavior returns then just ban the account again. But all I'm getting is stonewalled here. I guess there is no point in asking if we can isolate the game to a teacher only profile then. Shame we couldn't work something out. Maybe I'll ask for a new copy of Halo for Christmas and we'll install that copy on a new teacher only machine lol. Prolly will never happen though lol. Shucks.

PÕQ~Storm
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Storm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Set up your accounts and then we can talk, until then the hash remains banned.

PÕQ~Storm
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Storm » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Unbanned, assured this is now on a 'faculty-only' computer.

Return to “Unban Requests”