** Xfire: End of the line... everyone get off! **

News and updates from the PÕQ Leaders
PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Re: ** Xfire: End of the line... everyone get off! **

Unread postby PÕQ~Technut » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Just doing some final testing but it's looking like PÕQ Clan is moving to Evolve. :coolio:
Clan members, see here for details. And you can import your Xfire game hours (until Xfire shuts down).

Steam requires a $5 purchase to add friends, and Raptr doesn't support Clan groups. Nothing else looks very interesting either.
PÕQ~Technut | Mike
Clan Leader

The real problem is not
whether machines think
but whether men do.
- B.F.Skinner

Hidden:

PÕQ~Auron
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Auron » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 pm

A question, What are we gonna do with the applicants?
[Image

Feel free to add me on Facebook: Antonio (Auron)

My PÕQ Achievements

Hidden:

PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Technut » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:11 pm

PÕQ~Auron wrote:A question, What are we gonna do with the applicants?

Assuming we don't find any major issues with Evolve in the next day or so, then we'll switch everything from Xfire to Evolve.
PÕQ~Technut | Mike
Clan Leader

The real problem is not
whether machines think
but whether men do.
- B.F.Skinner

Hidden:

PÕQ~Wallace
PÕQ Member
PÕQ Member

Unread postby PÕQ~Wallace » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:02 pm

I'm having an issue with the Evolve client. It says that the SERVER CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED and won't let me login. Am I the only one?
"They may take our lives, but they will never take OUR FREEDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!"

PÕQ~Tiger
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Tiger » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Wallace wrote:I'm having an issue with the Evolve client. It says that the SERVER CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED and won't let me login. Am I the only one?

OH NO!!! Tech! :headbang
Hidden:

PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Technut » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Wallace wrote:I'm having an issue with the Evolve client. It says that the SERVER CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED and won't let me login. Am I the only one?

Hidden:

I'd seen the message myself so I was already aware of the issue. And I don't consider it a serious problem. You can wait the 2 minutes that the software takes to try again, or you can just close Evolve and open it again to try sooner (which worked in my case).

To quote the Evolve site:
Q: Why did you implement an online population limit? I've used Evolve for years, and it's unfair.

A: We recently experienced a massive surge in new users. Because we've already personally lost a huge amount of money keeping Evolve running, we decided we can't afford to pick up more hardware to handle the increased work load. We put in the population limit to keep Evolve working smoothly for everyone who manages to log in.

As a reward for those of you who have donated or subscribed, we let you skip past the line when the population limit is in effect.

Q: Can't you pay for everything with ads? I know some gaming websites do that.

A: We aren't a typical gaming website. Evolve's features are pretty diverse, and it takes quite a few servers to keep it running. We do run some sponsors on the website and in the client, but the revenue we pull in from them is less than 20% of our monthly expenses. It doesn't even cover the cost of a single server.

As always, our Helix donation program and Party+ subscription removes ads.

More people have recommended Evolve to their friends than ever before, and our user base grows every day. We also were able to fund server upgrades thanks to your Helix donations. More people use Evolve simultaneously than ever before. The new team has increased concurrent login capacity by over 70%, and the number of people that can participate in Evolve’s Party system by 200%. We are very grateful for the Helix donations and Party+ subscriptions people have made in the past. These contributions help pay part of our server costs. Earlier this year this money helped us get two brand new servers for a better login and party experience.

etc etc

You get the idea... they have become very popular and don't have the revenue stream to grow fast enough, so any Helix donation or Party+ subscription is appreciated and also gets you instantly past the population limit and removes the ads.
https://www.evolvehq.com/shop

But to keep using it for free, we just have to be patient or persistent when we temporarily get put on hold while trying to log in. Once you're in, it seems to work great. And I trust that at some point their capacity will catch up to the demand.
PÕQ~Technut | Mike
Clan Leader

The real problem is not
whether machines think
but whether men do.
- B.F.Skinner

Hidden:

PÕQ~SPARTA
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~SPARTA » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:24 am

Wow ... I'm very lucky to have an evolve account :toocool: :surprised: . Thank you Leader Technut for letting me know about it very earlier . :banana :wierdsmily:
PÕQ~SPARTA | Ajman
Clan Leader

No performer should attempt to bite off red-hot iron unless he has a good set of teeth.
- Harry Houdini

My Posters
Hidden:

Inspirational Words
Hidden:

My Userbars
Hidden:

PÕQ~David
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~David » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:55 am

PÕQ~SPARTA wrote:Wow ... I'm very lucky to have an evolve account :toocool: :surprised: . Thank you Leader Technut for letting me know about it very earlier . :banana :wierdsmily:

It's not about having an account it's about once server limits reaches it puts you on hold for the login about 2mins or a bit more.
ImageImage
ImageImage
“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” -Edsger W. Dijkstra

My PÕQ Achievements
Hidden:

PÕQ~SPARTA
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~SPARTA » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:13 am

Ok then , Thank you very much Leader Technut for helping us in each trouble we get into and for taking care of us all . Thank you sir .
PÕQ~SPARTA | Ajman
Clan Leader

No performer should attempt to bite off red-hot iron unless he has a good set of teeth.
- Harry Houdini

My Posters
Hidden:

Inspirational Words
Hidden:

My Userbars
Hidden:

PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Unread postby PÕQ~Technut » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Xfire has a new message now:

Xfire wrote:System Broadcast:
Dear Xfire users - It is with sadness that we must announce that the Xfire Social services are shutting down. Please visit social.xfire.com to download your video/screenshot data. We announced the closure date to be June 12th, but that was for the webservers. The Xfire client services will be terminated at any day or time in the very near future.

Umm... no. The standard webservers were suddenly shut down on June 9 without ANY warning. And this "services will be terminated at any day or time in the very near future" isn't very helpful...

Good example of how to NOT shut down your services in an orderly manner and with proper notification.
PÕQ~Technut | Mike
Clan Leader

The real problem is not
whether machines think
but whether men do.
- B.F.Skinner

Hidden:

Return to “News & Updates”