What is Halo Custom Edition (Halo CE)?
It is a downloadable version of Halo that is free for all Halo PC owners. It offers the ability to play user created content such as custom maps and other features not available in Halo PC. It does not replace your Halo PC, it is installed separately.
Ok guys here is the tutorial for installing Halo CE and joining the PÕQ CE Servers (CE#1:Coldsnap and others).
1. Download and install Halo Custom Edition (170MB) here:
Note: You will need your original Halo CD Key code. If you cant find your halo key but you have halo installed, you can use this key finder to recover your key.
or http://files.filefront.com/Halo+Key+Rec ... einfo.html
2. After installation do not click play now, but instead download and install this 1.10 patch (3MB) for Custom Edition:
http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/hal ... 1.0.10.exe
by running the haloce-patch-1.0.10.exe file.
If you are installing on Vista or newer then you may need to right-click on the haloce-patch-1.0.10.exe file and pick "Run As Administrator".
3. Download the ColdSnap map (27MB) here:
4. Once finished downloading it, extract and copy the coldsnap.map file to (depending on your Windows version)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps
(Do the same thing for any other maps you need in future, eg. Ambush)
5. Now open up Halo Custom Edition.
6. Check and make sure it has the profile you want to use in the game, it usually copies them over from the regular halo.
7. Click the filters tab and make sure they are set like this:
8. To see a list of servers go to Multiplayer and under the Join Game section click on Internet. Then hit "get list", and double-click on the server you want to join.
P.S. We also strongly recommend you install "HAC 2" which will download new CE maps for you automatically. Instructions for HAC 2 are here: