Text not showing

For discussion of Halo PC/CE (the original versions) and for Halo-related topics that don't fit in the other sections
MAW~Iggwilv

Text not showing

Unread postby MAW~Iggwilv » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:49 pm

I just found the patch to make Halo work on Windows 10 so I reinstalled it and am having a nostalgia attack. However I'm not seeing the text so I can't coordinate with teammates but more importantly to let the noobs know their place. I have run the MsXmlmenu whatever to no avail. I found another fix that had me changing a file 1080p.ksomething but that hasn't worked. I was hoping that since you guys are one of the few active clans (15+ years after its initial launch!) that you guys might know how to fix this so I can properly school the noobs out there. Any help is appreciated!

PÕQ~Technut
PÕQ Leader
PÕQ Leader

Re: Text not showing

Unread postby PÕQ~Technut » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 pm

We've had several threads about this in the past and there's never one solution that works for everyone. One past thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13776
but any mention of patches should be revised to the 1.10 patch, not 1.09 or older ones.

Are you running Halo in a window, or fullscreen mode? Which ever one, try the other to see if it makes a difference. What resolution do you have Halo set for and what is the actual resolution you are running on your monitor (if you are doing fullscreen)?

One patch you should install anyway is Hac2, and it may help since it does revise chat.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25830
PÕQ~Technut | Mike
Clan Leader

The real problem is not
whether machines think
but whether men do.
- B.F.Skinner

Hidden:

Return to “Halo General Discussion (Halo PC/CE)”