GAME: Humans Vs Covie CYOA

A place for all forum members to participate in thread games!
PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Re: GAME: Humans Vs Covie CYOA

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

I apologize (it seems I'm doing a lot of that on here lately) for the inactivity. Work and life have taken most of my spare time, and what little I have left has been going into gaming.

I will try to have some kind of episode released by the 4th, but I am going to be rather busy during that time, so I will make no guarantees. If I don't have one by the 4th, then I won't be able to work on one again until the 8th. (going to Seattle)
admin on 9-26-10 MOH for July 2011Senior admin 2-7-13 to 4-8-14
Hidden:

"there are no winners in battle, only survivors." -AuRon from Dragon Champion
PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

PÕQ~Technut [Leader]: Stop assuming it's a threat... or I'll kill you.

*Warning! Ponies within. I am not responsible for any squees/d'awwws that may occur.*
Hidden:

Invisible text is invisible. If you find this, you get one free internet.

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 am

Finally got around to working on this. Expect an EPIC new episode within the next few hours.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

*Warning! Ponies within. I am not responsible for any squees/d'awwws that may occur.*
Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:10 am

On Hostile Turf Pt. 6
The last episode of the 'On Hostile Turf' chapter.

"Radar confirms the enemy is approaching."

"Alright, here they come! Get ready!"

Sure enough, the majority of the enemy light vehicles were speeding towards them. At a distance, the rear two split off, disappearing into the forest.

"Alright, let's move, people."

As the first ghost approached, it opened fire, trading rounds with the machinegun on the elephant.

A lucky round pierced the power core, detonating it as the ghost drew closer. The nearby brute chopper deftly avoided the blast, skirting around the front of the elephant.
=Image

Elsewhere, one of the wraiths was preparing to rain destruction upon the human convoy.

It opened the cover over its main cannon...

...then began charging for the first shot.

Suddenly, a bolt of red-hot energy impacted the weapon at the speed of light.

With its main gun disabled, the enemy vehicle began approaching the elephant to cover the lighter vehicles.

"Good hit, Rockstar---woah, look out."

One of the ghosts which had disappeared earlier had spotted them and was now peppering their warthog with plasma bolts.

Returning fire from Epic's rocket turret missed with the first two rockets...

...but the third struck the ghost square in the front, causing immediate and devastating results.

Elsewhere, Hazard and Xbot stumbled upon the advancing wraith, firing a rocket at its backside as a pair of covenant vehicles gave chase.

The rocket missed the vital exhaust port, but struck one of the maneuvering vanes instead, rendering the vehicle immobile.
Meanwhile, the chopper behind them opened fire, the deadly bolts just missing.

In a hidden spot, another wraith opened fire, sending a huge bolt of plasma arcing toward the elephant.

At the aforementioned elephant, Jordan and Viper were busy leading a pair of covenant vehicles into a 100 mm trap.

Turning to the side, they opened up a perfect shot for Rourke's tank to do what tanks do best.
The brute on the chopper never saw it coming. The ghost behind him was more fortunate.

His good luck didn't last long, as the warthog led him directly into the path of another machinegun, quickly tearing his flimsy craft apart.

Meanwhile, the bolt of plasma sent by the wraith struck the ground mere feet away from the elephant, melting some armor, but thankfully not destroying anything vital.

Elsewhere, the wraith's arcing ball of plasma led Rauko's warthog straight to them. a lance of energy killed the gunner, while a rocket screamed toward the cannon.

The rocket detonated, destroying the main cannon.
A subsequent detonation inside the vehicle killed the driver.

Further east, Hazard and Xbot were busy fighting off their pursuers. Skidding down the hill, they turned to line up a shot with the rocket launcher.

The rocket struck the ground just beneath the ghost, sending it sailing over their heads.

The chopper also suffered, losing control and bringing the brute's head into point blank range for Hazard's assault rifle.

Another plasma bolt struck the ground, melting the plastic covers on the elephant's taillights.

As the wraith prepared another shot...

...A 14.5 mm shell whizzed through the air, turning the elite gunner's head into paste.

The driver stepped out, bearing a very dangerous looking weapon.

As Hazard and Xbot approached, he launched a bolt of plasma at them. The bolt itself missed...

...but the subsequent detonation sent the mongoose airborne.

As Hazard and Xbot lay unconscious, the elite took a moment to relish victory.

That was a fatal mistake.
*Target neutralized.* Rex called over the radio.

As the dust settled, Trael called roll. When everyone responded, he breathed a sigh of relief.
"Alright men, any injuries?"
*Well, Xbot's got a fractured shoulder and my Mongoose has seen better days, but we're alright.*

The mongoose had indeed seen better days, but the elephant was a fully capable mobile repair station.

"And how about the enemy?"
*Near total casualties sir. Two choppers escaped, but we're mopping up the rest right now.*
"Good. Alright, I want a total check done on every vehicle we have and I want it done ASAP. We march on the enemy base in 15 minutes."

Notes: Aye, it's been a long time coming, and I'm sorry for that, but this is one of the longest episodes I've done in a long time. Hopefully I'll be able to get the next one out in a few days instead of a month, yeah?

Also, please ignore the tripod leg that snuck into one of the pictures. I didn't even realize it had done so until now.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

Krazy1

Unread postby Krazy1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:46 am

Awesome Hazard *scrolls back up looking for the tripod leg* :P
Rumours are carried by haters
Spread by fools
and
Accepted by idiots

Past - Sr. Administrator / Recruiter / Mentor / Game Manager

Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 pm

No new episode today, but I haven't forgotten this.
Or my promise to the readers.

First off, let me say WOW! I was waiting for this to hit the 9001 mark, which it did, then very soon afterward, soared to over 10,500 views!
That's more views than the POQ Photo gallery!

I promised something to the readers for reaching this milestone, and that promise was a look at the Forward Unto Dawn. Unfortunately, I've got to go get ready for work here pretty soon, so I won't be showing it off just yet, but keep an eye out for later tonight, as I'll be uploading the pictures when I get home from work.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:17 pm

I promised a look, so here it is.
The UNSC Charon class frigate "Forward Unto Dawn"
Designation FFG-201

"She weighs 150 kilograms and fires $200 custom-tool cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute." ....Wait a minute, this isn't Sasha.
Commonly known to UNSC personnel as " The Dawn," The Forward Unto Dawn saw service in no less than three major battles during the events of Halo. Those battles (The battle of Earth, the battle of Tsavo, and the battle of Installation 00 ) played a pivotal role in the survival of the human race. The Dawn was later rent in two as the pulse from installation 00 hit the portal. The forward section crash-landed in an ocean on earth, where the Arbiter was safely recovered. The aft section drifted through space for four years before being completely destroyed on Requiem.

The model itself measures in at an impressive 37.5 inches long and weighing around ten pounds.

It also comes with its own snazzy designation plate.

The view along the top of the hull really shows off how long this ship is.

The sides of the ship are also decorated with massive amounts of game-accurate detail.

And best of all?
The ship can be split in half, just like in the series.

You can even replicate the scene at the end of the Halo 4 trailer, where the Master chief (yes, that's him) stands on the outside of the ship.

In the interior, there's plenty of detail (and playability), with several screens, buttons, and levers for the included UNSC officer and technician to manipulate.

And now, for the grand finale. Every feature you've seen so far has been standard on all Mega Bloks 'Forward Unto Dawn' sets. Every feature below... that's custom.

(click on the images to view the movies.)

The light pattern above is flickering intentionally. It is intended to replicate the derelict feel of the ship. That said, I can choose twenty-four other patterns, including all-on for a functional craft. The current light setup is a work in progress and will be expanded to the rest of the ship....eventually.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

nomad

Unread postby nomad » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:05 pm

That thing, is a MONSTER piece of plastic dude, how many pieces did it end up being? The custom lights with the lights off in the room give it that effect that its dead in space lol, pretty impressive!
"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

Boss302 | nomad

PÕQ~Commander
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Commander » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:49 pm

At least I am not the only one that still plays with legos
:yipi: :yipi: :yipi:
{Admin},{Past MOH}

Varsity 220 Wrestler

There is A Demon In me and I highly recommend that you don't let him out.

Image Image
Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 am

nomad wrote:That thing, is a MONSTER piece of plastic dude, how many pieces did it end up being? The custom lights with the lights off in the room give it that effect that its dead in space lol, pretty impressive!

The stock model is 2877 pieces. Mine has a few pieces added/removed in certain places (and other pieces modified), so piece count is still pretty close to 2877, but could be anywhere within about 10 pieces.

The current light pattern is set up to give it that 'derelict' feel, but there are over 20 other patterns I can choose at the push of a button to give different desired effects.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:26 am

Woo! finally got off of my lazy arse and got pictures taken for the next episode. Expect it up sometime tomorrow. I'd do it tonight, but I've had a piece of sawdust in my eye for the last twenty minutes. Even typing this little post is proving difficult.

Keep your eyes peeled.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

Return to “Forum Games”