GAME: Humans Vs Covie CYOA

A place for all forum members to participate in thread games!
PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Re: GAME: Humans Vs Covie CYOA

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:26 pm

The Final Assault Pt.1
a whole two months late...

As the humans recovered from the latest Covenant attack, Trael outlined his plan.

"Alright men, listen up. Using the intel that Rex and Hazard have provided, I've come up with a plan. It's fairly simple, as I am of the mindset that most plans --especially the complicated ones-- go to crap as soon as the fighting starts."
"If you're still checking on the vehicles, continue, but keep an ear on the com channel.
Now, the plan, as I said, is simple. We'll split into two teams. The first team will consist of the warthogs and the elephant. They will charge into the basin and provide distraction while Rourke's scorpion moves into position on the ridge. The warthogs will also be tasked with destroying the pair of anti-air guns in the basin if possible. They are heavily armed and armored, so you'll have to get in close. Once Rourke is in position to cover both the basin and the ridge, the Pelican will fly in low and fast, carrying the second team to the gravity lift to secure it. Do you understand your role, Red?"

"I do. Also, ETA is five minutes."

"Destroying a lot of covenant hardware? Sounds like fun."
"Yes, it should be. Now, Serina has been busy as well, and her scans have revealed something which many of you may have already noticed: few, if any of the Elites we've fought so far have been shielded."
"At first I thought it was a fluke, but It turns out something in that basin is affecting the Covenant shielding system. Through calculations, I have deduced that this something is buried roughly 200 meters underground, but the Covenant drills are very close to reaching it. Using the available data, I can conclude with 99.28% accuracy that the source of the interference is what the Covenant are after on this world. We cannot let them obtain it, so we must either secure or destroy it. Once the anti-air guns have been disabled, the elephant will go to the center of the digsite, where they will meet up with half of the second team and journey down into the depths to retrieve or destroy the device. It is expected that the Covenant will have recovered by this point and will be assaulting the elephant, but the warthogs, combined with Rourke's suppressing fire from the hill, should be able to hold them off long enough to get the device. If not, the elephant is carrying a fusion coil that will create quite the bang if we need it to.

"The element of surprise will be our greatest advantage here. If we give the Covenant even a second to catch their breath before we have secured the objectives, then it'll all be over."

"Sir! There's a piece of Covenant tech on the bottom of this 'hog!"

"That must've been how they kept finding us. Destroy it. We don't want them to know we're coming."

"Rex, I want you here on the elephant when we attack. Use your rifle to pick off attacking infantry or any other targets that present themselves. You'll also use the mongoose to assist with anything that goes wrong. As your you, RJ, that flamer will be very useful in the close quarters underground. We'll divvy up the rest of the teams on the way in."

"Sir, all vehicles check out and are ready to go!"
"Good. Alright men, mount up. It's time we take the fight to the Covenant."

Stay tuned for the epic conclusion to the saga that has (unintentionally) spanned over two years!

Notes: why yes, this is over a month late. Unfortunately, Life has kept me far busier than I had anticipated, and what little free time I have is typically stolen by the internet. also unfortunately, I'm planning on starting college soon, and that will take even more of my time. I'll put out episodes/chapters when I can, but they're not likely to come often. I had honestly hoped to be finished with this story six months ago, but that obviously didn't happen. So, keep your eyes peeled!
admin on 9-26-10 MOH for July 2011Senior admin 2-7-13 to 4-8-14
Hidden:

"there are no winners in battle, only survivors." -AuRon from Dragon Champion
PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

PÕQ~Technut [Leader]: Stop assuming it's a threat... or I'll kill you.

*Warning! Ponies within. I am not responsible for any squees/d'awwws that may occur.*
Hidden:

Invisible text is invisible. If you find this, you get one free internet.

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 pm

I bring news! Glorious news!

No episode up today, but I haven't forgotten. I'll also try to do a HALOween special episode.

In the meantime, enjoy the new and improved UNSC Gauss Warthog!

That puts my total collection of warthogs at 6.5! (oh, and a spade too.)
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

*Warning! Ponies within. I am not responsible for any squees/d'awwws that may occur.*
Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Small update: the area that these last few chapters will take place in has been weed whacked, clearing most of the obstructing plants. it is now waiting only for a good raking and then will be ready for photographs to commence. Expect an episode partway through next week (my next days off of work).
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, after a rather sudden (but inevitable, the month considered) cold spell, and after freezing off most of my appendages, I've got the pictures taken...that is to say, about half of them. (It's friggin COLD.) Various other inconveniences also struck (dead camera battery, visitors, etc...)

In the meantime, have a picture of one of my other toys.
That's battle ready tempered carbon steel (blued to a fine black), not cheap stainless.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

PÕQ~rauko
PÕQ Member
PÕQ Member

Unread postby PÕQ~rauko » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:57 pm

any updates?

User Bars

Hidden:

custom user bar courtesy of spyker
tank signature courtesy of spyker

fading name curtosy of chaos

Clan Achievements

Hidden:

PÕQ~Hazard
PÕQ Admin
PÕQ Admin

Unread postby PÕQ~Hazard » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:57 pm

PÕQ~rauko wrote:any updates?

unfortunately no. Life has taken some turns in the last few years. I'm still around, but I'm saddened to say this story will probably not continue, at least in its current form for the foreseeable future.
Hidden:

PÕQ FTW!

"'____
+-<">
Hidden:

Hidden:

Return to “Forum Games”